Monday, June 7, 2010

Specs and photography

I believe that the closest specs I can find of the netbook I am currently using is can be found here.

When I first borrowed the netbook, I discovered that there was a SD card slot on the side. This I find interesting because I am interested in photography(visit my other blog: D40 Journal). I figured that instead of reading specs, why not take a few pictures of what I am working with.


Top view of the netbook. My phone is next to it to compare the size.


Comparison to a 15-17inch regular laptop.


A comparison of the two laptops open.


Opening screen


The size of the power supply. Its darned tiny.

I used photobucket to upload these pictures from a 6mp camera. Uploading the pictures showed me that a netbook is vastly different from a typical computer because it took a while for the upload the the lag did not allow me to use another tab to surf the net. Of course, one has to realize that this computer is not made for photo editing. This machine is for light use. It is good in it's own way.

The SD card slot was easy to use and acts exactly like a USB flash drive would, instantly allowing me access to the folders which contained the pictures. Gwenview is a built in program on Xandros that allows me to open the photos. Xandros is the built in OS for the netbook that I will discuss at a later time.

Aside from all of that, I am still trying to get comfortable with the keyboard. It is really tiny and I have big hands. I am almost tempted to get a separate mouse, but in the interest of adapting, I will do what I will for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment